It probably feels like yesterday—the nervousness during recruitment, the palpable excitement of preference round, the pride when you opened your bid card and saw two words: “Alpha Phi.” Now, four years are coming to an end and you’re undoubtedly a bundle of emotions, once again experiencing the uncertainty, excitement and joy that comes along with embarking on a new chapter. And though change can be anxiety-inducing, you can rest assured that Alpha Phi will remain a steadfast part of your life following graduation.
Beyond the Cap & Gown is a resource intended to ease the transition from collegiate to alumnae life. Browse advice on applying to grad school, finding roommates in a new city, implementing a budget and networking to land your dream job. Most importantly, you can discover ways to stay involved and reap the benefits of Alpha Phi membership well beyond your college years. Beyond the Cap & Gown offers an entire section on how to stay connected as a recent alumna.
Congratulations on this new life chapter! We’re excited to support you along the way. In the meantime, here are some quick and easy ways to embrace your Alpha Phi membership post-college:
- Update your contact information. We’ll send you fun collegiate chapter updates, official Alpha Phi news and of course, the fall issue of our Quarterly magazine.
- Join an alumnae community in your city. Meet like-minded women and form a community to lean on as you navigate this new season of life.
- Network on Alpha Phi’s official LinkedIn group. Post your resume, browse job opportunities and connect with women in your industry.
- Volunteer with a local collegiate chapter. Give back to an organization that has given so much to you.
- Join the Lifelong Society (previously Lifetime Dues) or show your Annual Loyalty (previously Annual Dues). Your support makes Alpha Phi’s mission a reality.